I hope everyone has enjoyed all of the homemade ornaments thus far. Today is day 4 of the 12 Days of Handmade Ornaments! Today we have Johnnie from Saved By Love Creations. I’ve featured her paper beads on Sew Woodsy before. She does amazing work, and I love the ornament that she is sharing with us today!
Hello Sew Woodsy readers! My name is Johnnie, the lady behind the scenes at Saved By Love Creations and the recenlty launched Printable Decor. I am excited to be here and to be a part of this handmade ornament series. Today I will share with you my easy burlap tag embellished fabric star ornaments.
- White fabric; I used leftover tea towel scraps
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- eyelets and eyelet setter
- string or twine for hanging
- Pencil for tracing template
- You are going to cut 4 layers of fabric at once, so fold fabric accordingly before tracing star shape. Print and cut template star and trace onto fabric with pencil.
- Cut out star shape from 4 layers at once.
- Sew along outside of star with machine or by hand. I used a cream colored thread and my machine. You could use different colors for cool effect to match your decor.
- Print words on burlap, cut them to fit your star, and stitch them in place. If you have never printed on burlap, there are tons of tutorials out there. It is easy. Here are the words I used if you want to print them.
- For the hanging mechanism, I just poked a hole at the top, insert an eyelet and set it, then put the string through there. If you want you could sew a loop of thread to the back and forget the eyelet. I like the look of the metal with the fabric and burlap.
That’s all! Thank you so much for having me here Katie. I am honored to share on your wonderful blog.