When I think of Valentine candy the first thing that comes to mind are those chalky conversation herts–not chocolate covered cherries or fancy truffles! I knew I wanted to craft with them, but just couldn’t figure out what it was I wanted to make. I used a glitter mod podge to coat them and then they sat on our dinning room table for a week. Until Mr. Woodsy finally asked me if he could throw away the shiny candy that had been sitting on the dining room table for a week.
Glitter Mod Podge / Foam Brush
Hot Glue Gun / Glue
1. Spread your conversation hearts out on a piece of wax paper.
2. Carefully dab a little glitter mod podge onto each heart.
*You’ll notice that the color will start to run off with the mod podge. Try not to smear the words on the hearts or move the hearts.
I love how each heart is chocked full of glitter!
3. Let your conversation hearts dry completely.
4. Next, gather your supplies to adhere the magnets to the conversation hearts.
5. Cut strips of magnet to attach to your conversation hearts.
6. Using a hot glue gun carefully dab a dot of hot glue onto the back of the conversation heart.
7. Place the magnet on the back of the conversation heart.
8. Repeat above step until all of your conversation hearts have magnets on them.
9. Display your magnets