Each month I contribute two post to the Bowbdabra blog. This month I’m excited to share with you a fun Bowdabra Sponsored Giveaway and project in honor of National Craft Month! There are many uses of ribbon and they just don’t have to be for wrapping packages or making frilly hair bows. You can make jewelry using ribbon. I made a necklace last year using ribbon; Pearl Ribbon Necklace. In honor of National Craft Month I’m sharing a super simple ribbon beaded necklace that will take you less than 15 minutes to create from start to finish!
1. Gather all of your supplies; scissors, Ribbon-to-Bead, and Beads.
2. Unravel the entire spool of Ribbon To Bead. In order to re-use the wired needle until all of your ribbon is used up you must un-wind the entire spool of ribbon.
3. Begin stringing beads on to your ribbon. Leaving about 6-8 inches from the end of the ribbon.
4. Don’t worry about spacing out your beads–you can do that at the end. Once you have the desired amount of beads on your first strand of ribbon cut the ribbon–leaving enough room to be able to tie it around your neck.
5. Repeat the above steps with ribbon strand number 2. Then, tie both ribbon strands together on one end. Make sure you leave enough room to tie the ribbon around your neck.
Wear it with pride knowing you made a simple and affordable necklace!
I am pleased to be part of Bowdabra’s National Craft Month Giveaway. Bowdabra is celebrating the many uses of ribbon throughout the month of March! Bowdabra is sweet enough to give my readers additional chances to enter in their giveaway! Exciting, right?
The ways to enter the Bowdabra Sponsored Giveaway on my blog are the following: (5 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post. Please mark the pin with @(put your pinterest name if you don’t have a pinterest board you can use @bowdabra) so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about the tutorial.
(1 entry) Follow my blog’s RSS Feed. Leave a comment below that you are following me.
(1 entry) Tweet about Bowdabra’s National Craft Month Giveaway. Leave a comment below
(1 entry) Visit the Bowdabra Blog and Get Daily Bowdabra Blog Updates. Enter your email address in the field on their right side bar and get an email every time they add a new tutorial. Leave a comment below that you signed up for their daily updates.
Visit the Bowdabra Blog’s National Craft Month celebration for additional entries into their month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabrablog.com
- Grand Prize – Ribbon totaling in value of $150.00
- 2nd Prize – Bowdabra, Mini Bowdabra, and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $41.54
- 3rd Prize – Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Suggested Retail: $24.11
Visit Bowdabra’s National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day in March a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.