Every year I select a word that I think will best represent how I want my year to be. Last year’s word was “motivation”. After taking almost a year off from blogging after having my second baby it was time to get motivated again. Ironically, I never published a blog post although I did create a printable that I looked at every single time I was in my craft room. I don’t like to set resolutions–more goals then anything. I also love to have a word that I lean on throughout the year.
This year, I felt that the word “simplify” fit me best.
I tend to over complicate stuff and I know its a flaw that I have. I always work harder and not necessarily smarter. This year I’m really hoping to change that mindset. I’m not gonna sweat the small stuff and plan to just roll with it as best as I can.
- 2019 is the year I will finally unbox the rest of my craft room (from our move over 3.5 years ago) and get my craft room in check once and for all.
- Speaking of my craft room–I’m hoping to reduce the amount of “stuff” by half so I can switch from the biggest room in my home to the smallest. I want my daughter to have the large room to spread out, grow, and play.
- We plan to redo our master closet this year (in the next month, hopefully)! Hello Marie Kondo. I’ve already started to watch it and I’m hooked. Between my craft room and our master closet–they have both become to the dumping ground.
- I’m also hoping to have the much needed and anticipated redesign of Sew Woodsy done first quarter this year. You guys, Sew Woodsy is going to get a very simplified face lift. I can’t wait and I know you guys will love it just as much as I do!
- I’m finally going to have the option to download printables and SVG files! Stay tuned for some awesome new features.
- Another way we’re planning to simplify our lives is by taking a few different trips this year. We really are striving for the less is more approach this year. We plan to boat down in the keys, camp with friends, and renting a beach house on an island with family this year.
- I’ve already started to simplify the dinner time process. I prep dinner most days at lunch and start cooking around 3-4pm in the afternoon. It’s a much simpler easy method that I’m finding is making cooking at dinner time less stressful!
- We cleaned out the kids rooms and added all sorts of storage. So far our 4.5 year old has been keeping up with his different containers.
- I’m trying to give the kids at least 30 minutes of outdoor play a day. Even though I live in Florida I don’t always like to be outside. I also work from home so I struggle with a work/life balance. Every day I’ve been letting the kids play outside and suck in as much fresh air as possible and I can tell everyone is a bit happier.
- My goal is to try and post once a week. This is a lofty one since I’ve struggled with this since having kids and managing my food blog, Katie’s Cucina. I’ve already kind of failed, but I feel like I can start and just keep going from here.
- Speaking of blogging… my MacBook died on me last week. It’s forced me to simplify the way I write blog post (hello voice-to-text on phone), and set a better schedule/screen time for work.
I love writing out my goals and aspirations for the year. On a side note, I’m trying to not beat myself up over blogging. Post Sorry for the abrupt radio silence. My son was sick with the flu the week before Christmas, paired with the holidays, out-of-town family, and well… life happened and I embraced it and attempted to keep my life as easy and simplified as humanely possible. I knew our lovely readers would understand.
Love this printable?
Do you set goals or resolutions? Do you select a word for the year? If so, I would love to hear what it is for 2019.