Is it time to upgrade your toddler to a big kid twin size bed? If so learn all about our Big Boy Room Upgrade with Yogabed® Mattress.
A big thanks to Yogabed for sponsoring today’s post. As always all opinions are our own.
Last year, we finally upgraded our son, Ryder’s bed from a toddler nautical room to a twin size bed with a light construction theme. Thanks to the help of Yogabed! We received a Yogabed five years ago, and we knew our kids would sleep on them eventually too. We loved the ease of “mattress shopping” online, and how easy it is to put together! Today, we share with you our Big Boy Room Upgrade with Yogabed Mattress!
How do you open a boxed mattress?
When your shopping for a mattress online you might be wondering how the heck will I open a boxed mattress!
First off, they are not super heavy. Heavy, but light enough to remove the mattress. As pictured above. You will want to turn the box on it’s side and drag out the mattress.
Then remove the tape and unroll the twin mattress. Next, carefully cut the bag open. Make sure you do this as far away from the mattress.
Move fast! The mattress will instantly start to expand!
Remove the mattress from the plastic.
Then, place the Yogabed mattress on to your bed frame! This was done in the matter of 5 minutes in our home.
Yogabed Removable & Washable Cover
Given that this mattress was going in a young child’s room I love that Yogabed has a removable and washable cover! Let’s face it–kids have accidents. Their one-of-a-kind zip-off cover technology allows for the cover to be removed in seconds and put into the washing machine. Cover easily zips back on for clean sleeping.
You can also purchase an additional Yogabed Mattress Protector if you really want to be on the safe side!
What is the difference between a twin bed and a twin XL bed?
The main difference between the two sizes is that the Twin XL is five inches longer. So if you have tall guest or someone that is on the tall side they will be much more comfortable sleeping a twin XL bed!
Here are the standard dimensions of both twin size beds.
- Twin: 38” x 75”
- Twin XL (Extra Long): 38” x 80”
Transitioning Tips from Toddler Bed to Twin Bed
Anytime you transition from a different bed it can be risky! Thankfully, I found that the transition from toddler bed to twin bed wasn’t bad at all! Much easier and smoother then when we went from crib to toddler bed! Here are a few tips and tricks you might want to consider when your about to transition.
- Let your child get involved in the process. We let our son select his bedding! He also got to watch his bed come out of the box. He absolutely loved it! And loved playing with the box for weeks after!
- Read books about transitioning!
- Don’t change your bedtime routine! Biggest mistake some people have. Keep that strict routine you’ve worked hard to establish.
- Don’t give in! This is probably the biggest one. If they don’t adapt well and having a difficult time with the transition you need to stand your ground!
Yogabed Sales & Coupons
It’s best to keep an eye on the website as sales vary and happen periodically! If you sign up for the mailing list you will be alerted of the next sale. In the mean time you can get the following deals.
- Sew Woodsy readers can get $50 off any Yogabed Mattress!!! Use Coupon Code: WOODSY50
- ⅙-1/24/2020- You snooze, you win! Save big on essentials for sleep in 2020 at Marpac.com.
- Get free shipping and returns on site wide orders! No coupon code required.
Disclaimer: We received a Yogabed to review. We were not monetarialy compensated to write about our experience. There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something we will make small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. As always all opinions are our own.