Last month, right before we left for Haven I received my July box from the 12 Months of Martha campaign. Because we traveled to Haven right after I did not get to film my haul video that I do for each box. So instead I’ll tell you a little bit about it. This month, I received an assortment of adhesive silkscreens, glass paints, and stencils. The Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paint program has 120 colors in seven distinctive finishes. The unique adhesive silkscreens are a simple way to transform ordinary glassware and ceramics into decorator accessories. These flexible stencils adhere to curved surfaces, which makes embellishing just about anything simple and easy!
I used the adhesive silkscreens to transform a drink dispenser and glasses. Now, I’m going to preface right from the start that I did not use the product on glass. I used it on plastic, therefor it’s not dishwasher safe and I do not recommend you scrubbing the paint when cleaning the glasses and dispenser. The paint may come off. So you need to be aware of this right from the start! I also found my BPA-free beverage dispenser at my local Wal-Mart on clearance for just $5 and I got each of the ombre plastic cups for .90 each! Since the product was free my project cost just under $10! Perfect for hosting a picnic or barbecue or maybe even giving this to a friend for a housewarming gift!
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Silkscreen – Butterflies
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Glass Paint Squeegee Set
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint – Yellow Jacket
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Gloss Opaque Glass Paint – Geranium
- Drink Dispenser
- Ombre Plastic Glasses
- Damp Paper towels
- Clean drink dispenser surface, then place adhesive silkscreen where desired.
- Using the glass paint squeegee place a little bit of paint on the tip and carefully spread in one direction. To get a two-toned effect place a second color of paint on the tip of the paint squeegee and spread to the rest of the silkscreen that does not have any paint.
- Carefully remove the silkscreen from the dispenser. Clean up edges if needed with a damp paper towel.
- Repeat the steps above on the next silkscreen adhesive. Place paint on the edge of the squeege and spread in one direction.
- Remove silkscreen adhesive from the drink dispenser.
- For the cup, place the adhesive silkscreen to the cup. Place paint on the edge of the squeege and spread in one direction.
- Remove silkscreen adhesive from the cup.
- Using a paper towel clean the edges.
Let your drink dispenser and cups dry over night and then they are ready to be used!
I love how everything turned out! Especially the cups!!!
Disclaimer: I received the products for free as part of the 12 Months of Martha Campaign. I was not compensated to publish this post. As always all opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this post.