The day has finally arrived to share our inspiration board for our kitchen revamp project. A few months back I shared about my dream kitchen. Today, I’m excited to share that over the next month our kitchen will finally be transformed. It would have been more like a 2-weekend process; however, we ran into a major snag when picking up our countertops from Ikea last weekend. Turns out the beloved solid wood butcher block countertops have been discontinued. Thankfully, we were able to get the piece for our kitchen island and for an extra $59 we were able to order the other three slabs for the rest of our kitchen. Those three slabs don’t come in until the beginning of September. So we are making lemonade with the lemons handed to us. It’s actually probably better. We won’t burn our selves out and we will slowly see our kitchen come to life.
Over the next two weekends we will work on the kitchen island. Installing the butcher block (video to come for Homes.com) and building a custom looking shelf on the end of our island. In return our island will grow longer by a little bit which is welcomed since I’m always in need of more counter space. We also need to order our pantry door and build our spice rack for our door. We currently have a bi-fold door and want to add more storage in our kitchen. This is something we’ve wanted to do for a while.
While waiting for our countertops to come in we plan to knock out two cabinets in the corner of our kitchen and expand it. There is wasted space and I need storage!
Sadly, our beautiful Moen sink and faucet will sit in their boxes for another few weeks until the countertops are installed. Once the countertops are installed our sink and faucet will get installed and then its time for back splash! By that point I’m hoping and praying its the end of September when we wrap this revamp up! Well, enough of me blabbing let me show you what we’ve picked out!
- NUMERÄR Countertop, beech from Ikea
- White Subway Tile (purchasing place TBD)
- Door Spice Rack modifying plans from Ana White
- JELD-WEN Smooth 2-Panel Arch Painted Molded Prehung Interior Door ordering from The Home Depot
- Arbor with MotionSense from MOEN
- Stainless steel 18 gauge double bowl sink from MOEN
A few additional things we will be doing to our kitchen that are not pictured:
- Adding a built on shelf to our kitchen island
- Knocking out to cabinet walls to expand the cabinet for more storage in the corner of our kitchen
- Add lighting under the cabinets and above the cabinets
- Get our electrician to put our kitchen island lights on a different switch plus add a dimmer
So, what do you think? Pretty good plan we have in place. Here is hoping we can stick to our time tables and get this kitchen done before Ocotober. After all, we have Halloween to celebrate. Stay tuned, next week I’ll share some of the decor items I want to incorporate in the kitchen.