We are sharing all about our family experience during the limited-time LEGO® NINJAGO® Days at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort event.
We are fully embracing the stage and age that are young kids are. They are 2 (almost 3) and 5.5. Our five and a half year old son is LEGO obsessed to say the least. He also loves NINJAGO so we knew it was only fitting to visit the LEGO® NINJAGO® Days at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort.
My family and I have been lucky to enjoy LEGOLAND® on media passes over the past 2 years. We finally decided to bite the bullet and buy annual passes. We did it a little wonky (and not all at once).
I was holding out to get them both of their passes until the preschool pass was announced. Sadly, it’s only for ages 3 and 4 unlike Sea World who has the preschool pass for ages 3-5. I would have purchased my son’s annual pass back in November during Black Friday when I purchased mine (for half off the the biggest pass they offer)! But, I digress–everyone now has annual passes and everyone is happy.
We figured since we needed to cash in on my daughters preschool pass we would do it during the first day of LEGO NINJAGO® [NIN-JAH-GO] Days at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. It was much busier then I was anticipating, but we made the most of it. My goal here is to share all about the 3 weekend long event.
LEGO NINJAGO® Days
This is a special event that only runs Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the following dates. I believe this is an annual event typically done in the winter months of Florida for the past 3 years.
- Jan. 25-26, 2020
- Feb. 1-2, 2020
- Feb. 8-9, 2020
NINJAGO® Character Experiences
During this special event you will also have the chance to meet a few of the most popular characters. And for the first time ever, Zane and P.I.X.A.L.!
- PIXAL character meet and greet times: 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
- Zane character meet and greet times: 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1:15 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
- Lloyd character meet and greet times: 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1:15 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m.
- Meet your favorite NINJAGO® characters: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Live NINJAGO® Shows!
During this special 3 weekend even they have three special shows you can only catch during this event.
- NINJOGA – Achieve a state of zen or show off your wacky ninja moves during the “ninjoga” sessions – a yoga class just for kids!
- Elemental Masters: Watch real-life ninjas demonstrate abilities in mastering the elements of Spinjitzu. The Dojo comes to life with kicking, spinning and tumbling in the all-new show, Elemental Masters
- Earth Beats: Become one with the rhythmic forces of nature in Earth Beats, a live, ninja-inspired music and drumming show
NINJAGO® Days Activities
The Ninjago Days are action packed. They offer a wide-variety of fun-filled activities for all ages. We only got to do half the activities mentioned below.
- NEW NINJAGO Series Showing: The first two episodes of the latest NINJAGO television series. Seen at LEGOLAND Florida Resort before anywhere else!
- Garmadon 3X Build: Help build super bricks to create a larger-than-life-sized Lord Garmadon!
- Ninja Skills Test: Date to rest your ninja skills? Stop by our ninja climb and ninja hang to see if you’ve got what it takes!
- LEGO® NINJAGO® – Master of the 4th Dimension: Join the NINJAGO® heroes at a very special training session exclusively at LEGOLAND®! Become part of the 4D action as not everything goes to plan with the ninjas needing your help in mastering the 4th Dimension – the universe depends on it!
- Dress Up! Come dressed as your favorite LEGO NINJAGO hero or villain for a chance to win a LEGO prize
- Where’s Wu Scavenger Hunt: Count every Master Wu hiding among the landmarks of MINILAND USA and drop off an entry form at LEGO Studio Store for a chance to win a LEGO prize pack
- Good vs. Evil Competition Build: Which side are you on? Use your building skills and imagination to build a ninja or a baddie. One model per day will be selected to win a LEGO prize pack. See registration table for official rules.
Ninja Kitchen Food Truck
I was probably most excited about the all-new Ninja Kitchen food truck! Given the fact that I have a food blog I am always scouting out all the food options. They have items like Super Fancy Spring Rolls ($11), Traditional Egg Rolls ($7), Potstickers ($9), Specialty Items ($11) like pork bao buns and sweet Asian chicken wings .
For theme park food I will admit this truck earns an A+! The prices are steep, but in my opinion well worth it and we will definitely eat at the food truck again. We tried the Vegetable Egg Rolls, the Reuben Super Fancy Spring Rolls, and Lemon Chicken Potstickers.
We ate them as a snack not a meal. You would need to order multiple items per person to make it a meal, and that would add up quick! My only concern was that the wait time to get food was long. I waited over 15 minutes for my potstickers. I get that it’s all cooked as it is ordered–so just be prepared to wait like a traditional food truck!
Here is a list of the exact menu with prices.
Traditional Egg Rolls ($7)
- Pork Egg Roll
- Vegetable Egg Roll
Super Fancy Spring Rolls ($11)
- Peking Duck
- Lemon Chicken
Specialty Items ($11)
- Pork Bao Buns
- Sweet Asian Chicken Wings
- So Fruitty Bars
Other Ninja Dining
You will also find specialty treats and snacks scattered throughout the park. We didn’t get to try any, but from what I saw they all looked awesome!
- Kids’ Candy Sushi: Candy fish rolled in rice krispies and fruit leather.
- Sensei Snack Mix: Training master approved Asain spiced Chex Mix, sesame sticks, pretzels, chow mein noodles and Wasabi peas.
- Chocolate Dipped Fortune Cookies: Fortune cookies dipped in chocolate.
- Ninja Nachos: Teriyaki pulled chicken over fried wonton chips with cabbage slaw and citrus aioli (yuzu).
- Katana Cake Roll: Strawberry cheesecake egg roll topped with powdered sugar (2 per order).
Of course you can’t miss LEGO NINJAGO Days without riding NINJAGO The Ride! It’s one of our favorite rides in the park! A 3D ride where you use your ninja moves to fight off the bad guys. Of course–always a competition to see who can get the highest score!
Overall, if you have a kid who is a big fan of NINJAGO. It’s definitely worth making the trip. They will get their fill of all things NINJAGO. By the way, if you’re an annual pass holder you can pick up one of these NINJAGO DAYS head bands for free at the Awesome Shop!
Of course, a visit to LEGO® NINJAGO® Days at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is not complete unless we visit the gift shop at the end of the day! 😉
About LEGOLAND® Florida Resort:
Built for kids 2-12, LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a multi-day vacation destination located just 45 minutes from Orlando and Tampa. The whimsical resort includes an interactive, 150-acre theme park with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by popular LEGO brands and characters, plus LEGOLAND Water Park, the 152-room LEGOLAND Hotel and the 166-room LEGOLAND Beach Retreat.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of the Merlin Entertainments Group (LONDON: MERL). For more information, visit www.LEGOLAND.com/florida.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort
One LEGOLAND Way
Winter Haven, FL 33884