Although the first day of spring isn’t until tomorrow, I’m launching a few blog post around spring cleaning and getting organized! I am not the cleaner in our house. Mr. Woodsy is–and takes pride in his cleaning. There is nothing I hate more than to be stuck cleaning all weekend when it’s gorgeous outside!
Over on BlogHer this week they are sharing 12 Spring Cleaning Tasks That Take 10 Minutes Each. Ultimately, the goal is to tackle one 10 minute task during a 28 day time span. Just think if you spend 10 minutes a day focusing your energy on one task your house should be back sparkling by the end of the month.
Here are a few tasks that we try to do each week to keep our home clean whether or not it’s spring!
- Clean off the kitchen island. I don’t know about you but ours gets cluttered beyond belief.
- Clean cob webs and other insect like droppings from the exterior of your home.
- Before I go grocery shopping I clean out our fridge and freezer of expired or rotting fruits and vegetables. This also gives me a chance to take an inventory of what we have on hand!
- Go through your pantry once a month. Clean it up and throw away any foods that may be expired.
- Clean base boards via vacuum once a month during a weekly vacuum run around the house
- Clean and dust the blinds.
Another thing I try to do is do one load of laundry each evening, that way my weekend isn’t full of laundry and cleaning. That helps me keep a balance when having to do chores around the house.
While your over on BlogHer, don’t forget to enter the Life Well Lived Moments Sweepstake! Tomorrow, I’ll be sharing a few of our favorite cleaning products along with a peek into Mr. Woodsy cleaning and how he keeps our house sparkling clean!