The month of September is half way over, and that means that Halloween projects in our household have kicked up into full gear! Earlier this month I wrote an entry about some of the Halloween projects I’d like to take on before Halloween this year. All of the projects were based off of expensive decorations from Grandin Road. One of these projects was the Mummy Head on a Platter. It retails for $70. I knew I could recreate this project for way less and still acheive the look and feel. I’m so glad I gave this project a try! Super easy and it’s going to look great with all my other decorations. Above you’ll see the look I was trying to achieve from Grandin Road.
- -1 Styrofoam head ($4 at beauty supply store)
- Platter of your choice ($1 at Dollar Store)
- Spray paint (if needed to spray platter) ($7 at Lowes)
- Spray Adhesive, Drop Cloths, Scissors, & Exacto Knife (owned)
- Saw (to cut part of the head off) (owned)
- 3 packages of cheese cloth ($2/each at Lowes)
- 2 tea bags & water (to dye cheesecloth) (owned)