I’m so excited to share with you our whale-themed nursery inspiration board today. This board has been a long time in the making, and still their are a few elements that are 100% final. Jon painted the nursery last month, and we’ve literally been working all month and now this month on board and batten. Little did we realize how long it would really take us to complete. Plus, remember we work full time jobs so the only time we have to work on it is after work and on the weekend! We are chin-deep in all projects nursery right now, so I figured this is the best time share our vision and thoughts with our readers. If you follow my nursery inspiration board on Pinterest then you’ve already seen most of these items, but if you don’t, well your in for a treat!
- 52″ Cool Vista Damp Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan from Lamps Plus – Living in Florida its important to have a fan in every bedroom. I’m sure for the first year or two this will be more decorative than functional. The current fan in the nursery is a cheap $50 fan–this fan from Lamps Plus was meant to be part of our nursery. I love that it has a little nautical look to it and its not your traditional fan!
- Fish Mobile/Chandelier from EverdaysBeautiful – we love the look of the fish mobile and hope to do something similar for the nursery!
- Threshold™ Velvet Light Block Window Panels from Target – Since the room is Light French Grey and we have white board and batten going up we wanted a pop of color–so we think red curtains will do the job!
- Kendall Fixed Gate Crib from Pottery Barn Kids – Jon’s parents bought us our crib right before Christmas and its been sitting in the middle of the nursery waiting to be built. We wanted a crib that was even on both sides since we plan to place it diagonal in the room!
- Resort Yala 25295 Blue Area Rug from Lamps Plus – we searched high and low for a rug that would work well with the room. Nothing too modern and nothing to particular with the theme. We loved the ocean wave look and figure we can incorporate this rug into many rooms to come!
- Kids Clock: Wood Crab Wall Clock for Ocean Nursery Theme from GraphicSpacesWood – we love this adorable crab clock we found on etsy!
- Universal Changing Table and Topper from Pottery Barn Kids – this is a DIY “knock-off” project in the works… stay tuned!
- Compartment Department Bookcase from Land of Nod – this is the last piece of furniture on the list of things to make. I’m hoping it will get done before the baby makes his debut next month!
- Timeless Treasures House Designer – Coastal and Beach – Mini Whales in White – the entire color pallet for the room has been based off this fabric. Years ago, before I really ever thought about children I saw a beachy themed nursery on HGTV and it was in aqua and red. I loved it and knew that if I had a boy that’s the colors I would use for his nursery! I’m using this fabric for the bed skirt plus a little pillow for the glider!
- Premier Prints Embrace Aquarius Slub Fabric from Online Fabric Store – I *think* this is the fabric I’m using to recover the glider we just purchased off Craigslist… it’s between this and a chevron pattern. I guess everyone will just have to wait and find out what we go with!
- Kendall Extra-Wide Dresser from Pottery Barn Kids – this is another amazing DIY project in the works and we’ve partnered with a good friend of ours to make the plans for our readers and hers! We hope to have this completed and posted by the end of this month!
- Sweet Jojo Designs Little Ladybug Fitted Crib Sheet from Target – This is just one of the styles of crib sheets we are going to use in the nursery!
- Recycled Whale Wall Art – we love this idea and can’t wait to make our own version!
So what do you think? There are still a lot of small details not included on this and we are really trying not to do a “nautical theme” more of a beach/sea animal theme. I will be so happy once its done and hopefully the nursery will be done before the baby arrives so we can spend a weekend or two relaxing before the baby is here!
Disclaimer: We received the fan and rug from Lamps Plus. This is something we had planned to purchased and genuinely love! As always all opinions are our own!
Leave a Reply