Thank you Cricut for sending me a Cricut Joy™ to test out and share with my readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
I’m sharing all about Unboxing the New Cricut Joy™, what it can do, and all the supplies and items that comes in the box from Cricut.
I received the new Cricut Joy™ a few weeks ago. I’m always so excited to get a new machine, but just like maybe you a little terrified to get started and learn a new machine. Why is this? I’m happy to report that my machine only sat a week and then I put my birl girl underwear on and opened it up! I’m excited to share with you me Unboxing the New Cricut Joy™.
Since I’m cooped up at home like most of you I even recorded a video. Just like I did back when I unboxed the brand new Cricut Explore SIX years ago! I can’t believe it’s been that long, but it has! Also, don’t mind me looking like I’ve been stuck at home forever. Clearly this is as real as it gets here.
I will tell you that my favorite feature of this machine is the fact that you can take it anywhere and how it cuts up to 20 feet long!!!!
Cricut Joy Features
Here are all the features you can find included in the new Cricut Joy™.
- Personalize just about anything. Create a card for any occasion in minutes, custom labels to organize your pantry, craft room, kids toys, and more, or a name decal for your water bottle!
- Works with popular materials. It cut’s 50+ materials! Think materials like iron-on vinyl, cardstock, vinyl, and paper. It even works with some materials you already have at home!
- Draws any shape and writes in a variety of styles. Customize your design with a variety of pen types and line weights.
- Compact, portable, ready to go. Fits in a cubby, looks great on a counter, packs away easily, and sets up instantly.
- Longer and repeated cuts. Cuts one image up to 4.5 inches wide and 4 feet long or repeated cuts up to 20 feet long.
- Bluetooth® built in. It’s easy to wirelessly connect your computer, phone, or tablet so you can design anywhere.
- Easy-to-learn app for desktop, iOS & Android. Use the free Design Space® app on your computer or mobile device to create, save, and share projects.
- Works offline. Download images, fonts, and projects so you can design and cut even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Flexibility to upload your own designs. Use your own images and fonts for free in a variety of standard file formats.
- Inspiration included. Comes with 50 free projects online so you can start creating right away and learn everything the machine can do.
- Support when you need it. With step-by-step help, FAQs, how-to videos, and extended chat & phone support, we’ll be here whenever you need a hand.
Included in the box
Here is what your Cricut Joy comes with.
- Cricut Joy Machine
- Blade + Housing
- Fine Point Pen (0.4mm)
- StandardGrip Mat, 4.5″ x 6.5″
- Welcome Card
- Powder adapter
- Free trial membership to Cricut Access™ (for new subscribers)
- 50 ready-to-make projects online
- Materials for a practice cut
What you need to get started
Here is what you need to get started so you can use your Cricut Joy™.
- Compatible computer or mobile device
- High-speed internet connection
Commonly asked questions about the Cricut Joy™
Here are a few questions that a lot of users are asking!
How large of a design can Cricut Joy cut?
That depends on the type of material you use. With Smart Materials, Cricut Joy can cut an individual, continuous shape up to 4.5 inches wide and 4 feet long, and make repeated cuts (like stars, hearts, and confetti) up to 20 feet long! With a cutting mat, Cricut Joy can cut up to 4.25 inches x 6.25 inches, or 4.25 inches x 11.75 inches.
Can I use other Cricut pens in my Cricut Joy machine?
No, unfortunately. Cricut Joy Pens are compact, sized perfectly for your machine.
Does Cricut Joy work with my mobile device and computer?
The Cricut Joy has built-in Bluetooth! It is ready to pair with any compatible mobile device or Bluetooth-enabled Windows or Mac computer.
Hope you enjoyed taking a peek at me Unboxing the New Cricut Joy™! I can’t wait to start easily creating more.
Cricut Discounts & Sales
If you are in the market to buy a new Cricut or supplies here are a few deals I have exclusively for Sew Woodsy readers!
- Snag a Maker Machine starting at $369! Valid through 3/31.
- Select Machine Tools-Save 40% off! Valid through 3/31.
- Save 40% off Select Infusible Ink! Valid through 3/31.
- Select Vinyl-Save 40% off! Valid through 3/31.
- Save 50% off EasyPress Totes. Valid through 3/31.
- Snag a Cricut BrightPad starting at $49! Valid through 3/31.
- Cricut Access Only: Save 40% off Select Iron On Material! Valid through 3/31
- Free Shipping to U.S. and Canada on orders of $99+. Use code SHIPMAR.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on the links and buy something we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.