The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

{Tutorial} Creepy Spiders

I’m happy to report that I helped organize our first “craft at lunch” event at my office earlier this week. A handful of us are very crafty and craft all the time, so we decided to do an easy project during our lunch hour to clear our minds off work, and focus on a fun craft project. We adhered magnets on to the bottoms of our spiders, but you can honestly use anything like velcro or clips, etc… Our first crafting lunch was a huge success and we are already starting to plan for our next!
supplies:
32 black pipe cleaners (I bought 100pk for $4)
8 two-inch black puff balls ($2 for 4)
8 magnets (18 for $2 at WalMart) OR (clip, velcro, etc)
 1 sheet of black felt (.25 cents)
scissors (already owned)
glue gun w/ glue sticks (already owned)
Our craft project “instructor” for the hour, Sarah.
This was Sarah’s project that she taught us all how to make.
I wish she had a craft blog, because she makes some really cool stuff!
Directions:

1. Plug in hot glue gun then start cutting small circles out of your felt (the size of your puff ball).
2. Once your glue gun is hot enough; place a large “glob” of hot glue in the middle of the circle.
3. Take 4 pipe cleaners and place the centers of them on the circle. Push down, but be careful not to burn your fingers. Once the pipe cleaners are in place–place more glue on top of the pipe cleaners then press the puff ball on top.
4. Lastly, hot glue a magnet on to the bottom of the felt circle, and bend the legs to how you’d like them to look. *If for some reason your felt circle is larger than your puff ball you can always cut around it so that the felt circle does not show.
5. If you would like you can add other decorative items to your spiders to give them more character you can do so at this time (googly eyes, small colored puff balls, etc).
As you can tell this was a super easy project. One of my co-workers made one at the office, and then made the rest at home with her 10 year old daughter who LOVED the project! You can place these creepy spiders on your refrigerator, magnetic cabinet, or best of all on your garage. It gives for a creepy cool effect from the street!
Here are more photo’s from our craft lunch:
Kristi posing with her 2 spiders. *The black and orange spider is a Halloween spider and has NO ASSOCIATION with a sport’s team! (lol)
Christy with her eclectic spider!
Sarah and her crazy spiders!!!
Here’s my favorite picture from our craft hour!

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS

Comments

1. That was so much fun!

2. I thought I already posted a comment? hmmm, weird. These spiders are cool… and my garage looks extra creepy because of them.

3. That's so cute! And I love that you have craft lunches! I would love to do that here at work. We do have a fall craft fair here so I'm excited for that.

4. Sawdust and Paperscraps says:

Those last 2 pis make me laugh! I agree that the craft lunch is such a great idea. Fun and cute, until you put them all over your head, then they look kinda creepy.

5. Your spiders turned out great! Thanks for commenting and looking at my spiders too.

6. Those are so cute!!

7. Super jealous…sad I missed that! You guys did a great job on your super cute, I mean super creepy, spiders. Love you all!!!
    A

8. Kristi Flanagan says:

Awesome spiders – love them! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Hugs,

Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

9. Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com says:

those are so adorable! Just found your blog & wanted to say hello. I wanted to let you know that I recently started a "Handmade Tuesdays" on Ladybug Blessings. I am featuring a tutorial (let me know if you ever want to be featured) and then am also going to have a linky at the bottom where people can link up previous tutorials they did. It can be from any time but the only rule is it cannot be linked up again. I am also going to be randomly featuring etsy shops as well because not everyone can make things! So please link up on Tuesday!

10. I wish I had had craft lunches when I was working! :)

11. What a great idea for a work day break!!! How lucky to be surrounded by such fun and creative people!
    smiles!

12. whilehewasnapping says:

These are super cute! I love them! If you get a chance, you should come link them to my Halloween party this weekend. They would make an awesome addition!

Krista

13. the cape on the corner says:

man, i wanna work where you work! we can't even get a book club going, even though we've been saying we're going to!

i'm having a birthday giveaway if you'd like to stop by…

14. Jennifer @ Muse Lodge says:

Seriously wish I worked at your office..I'm so jealous! Great spiders!

15. What a cute idea! How fun to have co workers who not only like to craft but are willing to do it at work too.

16. How fun! Thanks for linking up to The Halloween Scene!

17. Tony and Kimra says:
  18. Lauren @ 31diy says:

Love the spiders! And I think it's so cool that you have a crafting group at work! That would be uber fun!

19. Those look great! Can I come work with you?

20. I love them all! I need some more Halloween-ie things up in my house! Thanks for the idea!

21. ★All Thingz Related★ says:

I love 'em! Thanks for joining our party this week!
    {*Rebekah*}

22. Awesome! Thanks for linking up to Socialize with me Monday til Sunday

23. HILLARY says:

24. Tony and Kimra says:
  25. whilehewasnapping says:

Krista

26. What a great idea for a work day break!!! How lucky to be surrounded by such fun and creative people!
    smiles!

27. Melissa says:

28. I thought I already posted a comment? hmmm, weird. These spiders are cool… and my garage looks extra creepy because of them.