Are you cruising during the month of October on a Carnival Cruise? You are in for some extra Halloween Fun on a Carnival Cruise!
Two weekends ago we surprised our children with a 3-day Bahamas Cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I didn’t realize it at the time, but after I booked our cruise I received an email that all cruises in the month of October have extra special Halloween activities. Otherwise known as Frightfully Fun Halloween. This made my Halloween heart so incredibly full! Here is everything you need to know about having Halloween Fun on a Carnival Cruise!
What activities are go on during Frightfully Fun Halloween?
According to Carnival’s page this is everything you can expect to find on board during the month of October.
Patch’s Halloween Deck Party Costume Contest Dive-In Movie Specials at Carnival Seaside Theater (featured on select ships) The Scary Chest Competition Patch’s Halloween Pumpkin Hunt Frightfully Fun themed trivia Guess That Frightful Song Patch’s Spook-tacular Bingo Frightfully Fun dance class Pumpkin Carving competition Patch and Friends photo-op Youth Activities include:
- Patch’s Halloween Deck Party
- Costume Contest
- Dive-In Movie Specials at Carnival Seaside Theater (featured on select ships)
- The Scary Chest Competition
- Patch’s Halloween Pumpkin Hunt
- Frightfully Fun themed trivia
- Guess That Frightful Song
- Patch’s Spook-tacular Bingo
- Frightfully Fun dance class
- Pumpkin Carving competition
- Patch and Friends photo-op
- Youth Activities include:
- Patch’s Story time
- Family Trick or Treat Hunt
- Costume Contest
- Face painting
- Halloween Themed Night Owls Party
Are costumes required for a Halloween Carnival Cruise?
Costumes are not required; however, Carnival encourages everyone to pack Halloween costumes. Kids will have the opportunity during a sea day to go trick-or-treating, adults can participate in a Halloween dance party, and even a family Halloween costume contest. If you’re an adult and don’t want to dress in a full costume you can pack a modified costume (like our DIY Dwarf shirt costume) or even a costume like our DIY Pirate T-shirt Costumes.
The option is yours to go all out if you choose. You have the opportunity to wear it during the evening Halloween party, or even the Halloween dance class if you want. I saw a few adults who were wearing a modified costume while on board during our designated “Halloween” day. They wore it all day and night.
Here are some rules around costumes via the Carnival website.
Both adults and children are encouraged to bring costumes and join in the fun. At no time should full masks be worn. Guests may wear half-masks only in special function areas and guests must be identifiable. Masks must be removed when in common areas. Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics is not permitted. Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment is not permitted. Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest. Guests who do not adhere to the costume guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, the event, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards. All costume guidelines apply throughout the duration of any and all costumed events. We do not allow real pumpkins on board. All rules, regulations and guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Trick-or-Treating for Kids
Like I mentioned above, kiddos have the opportunity to trick-or-treat. On our three day cruise, our designated “Halloween” day was on our sea day, which was a Sunday. The kids were told to meet at the kids club at 2 PM for trick-or-treating. Once we arrived at the kids club they received a trick or treat bag and a map for various places they could trick-or-treat around the ship.
The trick-or-treat time window was limited. Make sure you arrive promptly at the designated time they publish in the daily newsletter. During our cruise it was only from 2:00 to 2:30 PM. The last spot that the map led you to was to “secret” location where they handed out additional candy. They also had a Halloween dance party with a few songs and did the family costume contest.
Family Costume Contest
Like I mentioned above Carnival hosted a family costume contest. They divided the ages just how the kids club is ran (2-6, 6-9, 10-12). Then they also had voting for best “dad” costume and best “mom” costumes. I just so happened to win the best mom costume. On our three day cruise we had very few parents that were dressed up. Just an FYI.
The cruise ship has Halloween decor scattered throughout. From the main atrium to the kids club and in between! Make sure you checkout Halloween Jack! This massive statue was found in the atrium of our cruise ship, the Carnival Liberty!
2019 ‘Frightfully Fun’ Sail Dates
All cruises departing in the month of October will celebrate Halloween. According to Carnival’s website here are the 2019 “Frightfully Fun” sailing dates.
- Carnival Breeze: Oct 5, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26
- Carnival Conquest: Oct 5, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26
- Carnival Dream: Oct 5, Oct 10, Oct 14, Oct 19, Oct 24, Oct 28
- Carnival Ecstasy: Oct 17, Oct 21, Oct 26, Oct 31
- Carnival Elation: Oct 5, Oct 10, Oct 14, Oct 19, Oct 24, Oct 28
- Carnival Fantasy: Oct 5, Oct 10, Oct 14, Oct 19, Oct 24, Oct 28
- Carnival Freedom: Oct 6, Oct 12, Oct 20, Oct 27
- Carnival Fascination: Oct 6, Oct 13, Oct 20, Oct 27
- Carnival Glory: Oct 6, Oct 13, Oct 20, Oct 27
- Carnival Horizon: Oct 5, Oct 13, Oct 19, Oct 27
- Carnival Imagination: Oct 3, Oct 6, Oct 10, Oct 13, Oct 17
- Carnival Inspiration: Oct 4, Oct 7, Oct 11, Oct 14, Oct 18, Oct 21, Oct 25, Oct 28
- Carnival Legend: Sep 26, Oct 12, Oct 27
- Carnival Liberty: Oct 4, Oct 7, Oct 11, Oct 14, Oct 18, Oct 21, Oct 25, Oct 28
- Carnival Magic: Oct 6, Oct 12, Oct 20, Oct 26
- Carnival Miracle: Sep 29, Oct 12, Oct 19
- Carnival Paradise: Oct 3, Oct 7, Oct 12, Oct 17, Oct 21, Oct 26, Oct 31
- Carnival Pride: Oct 6, Oct 13, Oct 20, Oct 27
- Carnival Sensation: Oct 3, Oct 7, Oct 12, Oct 17, Oct 21, Oct 26, Oct 31
- Carnival Sunshine: Oct 5, Oct 10, Oct 14, Oct 19, Oct 26
- Carnival Splendor: Oct 5
- Carnival Sunrise: Oct 6, Oct 14, Oct 20, Oct 28
- Carnival Valor: Oct 3, Oct 7, Oct 12, Oct 17, Oct 21, Oct 26, Oct 31
- Carnival Victory: Oct 4, Oct 7, Oct 11, Oct 14, Oct 18, Oct 21, Oct 25, Oct 28
- Carnival Vista: Oct 5, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26
If you’re looking for an affordable Halloween cruise Carnival is the way to go. We booked our 3-day cruise for a family of 4 in a verandah for only $1,000.00 It’s nice to know that you don’t have to cruise other pricier cruise lines to celebrate Halloween in October. My kids had an absolute blast and are already asking for our next cruise! Hope you find the same Halloween Fun on a Carnival Cruise that we had.