We are sharing all of our tips and tricks to SeaWorld Orlando Halloween Spooktacular and have included current COVID-19 protocols. This is Orlando’s ONLY family friend amusement park Halloween event for 2020.
Originally published October 1, 2019 // Updated September 12, 2020 with new COVID protocols. Pictures do not reflect current protocols.
Last year, we visited SeaWorld Orlando to attend the Halloween Spooktacular event. This was our second year having annual passes and our first year going. We went in September since we had a busy October schedule.
What is Halloween Spooktacular®?
It’s an ocean of Halloween fun for the whole family at SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular! During this modified daytime event, guests can safely explore our slightly spooky trick-or-treat trail and meet silly Halloween characters with physical distancing protocols in place, and much more during this safe, family-friendly event. SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular will return starting September 19 through November 1 and is included in park admission.SeaWorld Orlando
Updated COVID-19 Protocols
- Employee & Guest Temperature Screening – When guests and employees arrive on-property, they must undergo and pass temperature screening using the CDC temperature recommendation of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. You simply walk through and are never once approached or touched with a thermometer! It’s pretty cool, fast, and efficient!
- Face Coverings – Employees and guests 2 years of age and older must wear face coverings while in the park. Guests are not required to wear them while eating and drinking, or in designated relaxation areas of the park.
- Physical Distancing – To promote proper physical distancing throughout the parks, you will find signage and markings throughout the park (including on the ground) to identify appropriate, six-foot physical distancing. SeaWorld is encouraging contactless payments and plexi-glass has been installed in high-traffic or close-contact areas to maintain a physical barrier.
- Rides & Attractions – Queue lines for all rides have markings for physical distancing and modified seating will be implemented to maintain physical distancing. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and exit of all rides and will increase the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Parades and Meet-and-Greets – Depending on the ability to ensure physical distancing for guests and employees, certain components of parades and meet-and-greets, such as those involving guest interactions, character interactions and photo opportunities will be modified or removed.
- Cleaning & Sanitation – To protect the health and safety of guests and employees, SeaWorld has significantly increase both the frequency of cleaning for all key areas of the parks (including employee spaces) and the number of hand sanitization stations across each park, especially in high-contact areas.
SeaWorld Orlando Halloween Spooktacular 2019 – Candy Station Map
The candy stations are not throughout the park. Instead they start by Seafire Grill against the water and wrap around the pond and ends between Mango Joe’s and Wild Artic (just before you enter Sesame Street land).
SeaWorld does not provide trick or treat bags. I was under the assumption that they did like Disney. Instead you can pay $2 for a small reusable bag. We opted to not buy a bag, and just place the candy in the basket of our stroller.
Look out for the candy corn signs that indicates it’s a treat station. It’s nice because each station has a different type of candy. They clearly label it so you know exactly what you are getting! They only give 2-3 pieces of candy at each station. A much big difference of the hand fulls of candy you receive at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party.
Most stations only give candy to kids and not adults. If your an adult and ask they will give you 2-3 pieces as well (but you have to ask)! They have a few allergy friendly treat stations available! Just look for the teal signs! They also do not have ANY peanut products. So for those suffering from extreme peanut allergies you won’t need to worry as much.
Sea Life Characters
Sea Life Character meet and greets and picture opportunities. Some of the lines were a little longer then we wanted to wait in. but we did catch this sea life character. They have characters through out the Halloween path.
Costumes are definitely optional! Another stark difference of Mickey’s Not So Scary. Very few adults were wearing costumes! I definitely saw about 75% of the kids wearing costumes, but it’s not required. If your looking for a few easy costumes you can do this cowboy look that my 5 year old through together by himself. Or you could make this no-sew dino costume, DIY Infant Strawberry Costume, DIY Dwarfs shirts, Family Pirate T-shirt Costumes or even the DIY Scrabble Costume.
Sesame Street Halloween Parade
Make sure you hit the Sesame Street Halloween Parade. If you have little ones you must go to this parade. It’s all centered around Halloween and full of all their favorite Sesame Street characters. Check the app for show times!
Pet’s Ahoy Halloween Show
We didn’t get to see the Pet’s Ahoy Halloween show, but I’ve heard they have a special Halloween show. “Side-splitting show with surprise twists, and a cast of unlikely characters that will have the whole family laughing from beginning to end.”
Despite the crazy lines and how crowded the park was we still had a great time. Remember, you are going for the Halloween festivities. So if you can’t do a bunch of rides that’s okay! This Halloween Spooktacular family-friendly event at SeaWorld runs September 19 through November 1, 2020 and is included in park admission.
SeaWorld Orlando is located at 7007 Sea World Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 visit SeaWorld.com for hours of operation, ticket prices, and more.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you purchase from a link I make a small percentage at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sew Woodsy!